The latest draw is the eighth of the year for Quebec and brings to 2,145 the number of candidates who were invited to apply for permanent selection.
Quebec released the results of a third draw that took place last month on August 26.
This third round of invitations held via the Arrima expression of interest system over the past month was the largest of the year under the Quebec Regular Skilled Worker Program (QSWP).
A total of 585 immigration candidates with a score of at least 517 in the Arrima pool were invited to apply for permanent selection by the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (MIFI).
Quebec had already conducted two other rounds of invitations through Arrima last month, on August 12 and August 19, in which the number of invited candidates exceeded 500—significantly more than any of the other draws conducted this year.
The latest invitations sent out through Arrima also targeted candidates with a valid job offer outside the Montréal Metropolitan area and who work in occupations that are currently in high demand in Quebec. The list of targeted occupations provided by the government is as follows:
- Computer and information systems managers (NOC 0213);
- Electrical and electronics engineers (NOC 2133);
- Industrial and manufacturing engineers (NOC 2141);
- Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers) (NOC 2147);
- Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2171);
- Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172);
- Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173)
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174);
- Web designers and developers (NOC 2175);
- Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians (NOC 2241);
- Computer network technicians (NOC 2281);
- User support technicians (NOC 2282);
- Information systems testing technicians (NOC 2283);
- Producers, directors, choreographers and related occupations (NOC 5131);
- Graphic arts technicians (NOC 5223);
- Graphic designers and illustrators (NOC 5241);
- Technical sales specialists – wholesale trade (NOC 6221).
Following several months of invitations being sent out monthly, Quebec seems to be stepping up the pace by issuing record numbers of invitations via Arrima every week. This draw is Quebec’s eighth of the year. A total of 2,145 candidates have now been invited to apply for permanent selection by the province.
What is the Quebec Regular Skilled Worker Program (QSWP)?
The Quebec Regular Skilled Worker Program is for skilled workers who are more likely to establish themselves economically in the province. The program is popular among skilled workers and international graduates who wish to immigrate permanently to Quebec to work.
Candidates who are invited to apply for permanent selection must do so within six months, starting on the date you submitted all the required information to process your application. This includes all forms and documents.
If successful, candidates will get a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ or Quebec Selection Certificate). They can then use this document to apply for permanent residence to the Canadian federal government.
Those who wish to settle in Quebec, are assessed under a different system than applicants who want to settle somewhere else in Canada. Quebec’s immigration programs are managed by the province and are distinct from Canada’s federal programs.